Monday, July 18, 2011

Early morning cravings.

I woke up at 5 am this morning, and for some reason, my cravings for a smoke are very strong. I don't have any here, so I know I can't have one due to lack of access, but still the craving persists. I have had a little protein and I am drinking water and chewing ice. I know how to work through these things, but it's frustrating they are so strong this late in my quit.

It's been over 4 months...yay! It's dark outside and it's so quiet. I love this time of day. I guess maybe I should get some cleaning done while I have the time, but somehow dinking around on the computer helps cravings the most. I have no fear of taking up smoking again. I am too strong for that at this point. I have learned how to tell the nicodemon to go away and quit whispering in my ear.

I know this is a disjointed and rather rambling post, but I just woke up about 30 minutes ago and I've only had one cup of coffee, so I figure it's OK. I'm craving and rambling.

That brings me to a good point of this post for those who are early on in their quit. It's OK to vent and ramble. The message boards can help you work through all that. I have a couple of links over there on the right to a couple of fantastic boards, so definitely check them out for support.

I'm headed over there right now. I haven't logged on in a while because I've been so busy with my Mom, I haven't had time to do much of anything. She's moved into assisted living because of a bad rotator cuff, so her shoulder does not allow her to do very simple tasks that must be done. She needed help, and she's greatful to have it. I'm happy she has the help and is less isolated. She's already made some friends there.

Off I go to start my day. She goes to the orthopod doc today. We will be discussing surgical options today. She's 81...this is not going to be easy at all. Say a prayer for me and for her please.

Peace y'all! Stay smober!