Friday, July 22, 2011

Wow! What a busy week! Stessful, but I'm not smoking!

I have been sooo busy this week. Getting my Mom situated in her new apartment has been such busy work, but I don't mind. I just want her to be settled in and comfortable. She didn't go to her doctor's appointment on Monday so it was rescheduled for today.

She did make it to the doc today and she is penciled in for surgery on her shoulder late August. She's 81 years old, so surgery and rehab are not going to be easy at all. Not that they are any easier for a younger person. I know they are not, but you know....

I've been super busy and dealing with lots of stress, but I'm keeping my head down and plowing through. You gotta keep on keepin' on. Below is one of my favorite quotes. It really sums up my personal philosophy, and helps me remember my purpose on this little planet of ours.

"Do all the good you can.
By all the means you can.
In all the ways you can.
In all the places you can.
At all the times you can.
To all the people you can.
As long as ever you can."
— John Wesley


Stressed but smoke free thanks to a strong will and Chantix. Hope all you quitters stay smober! Have a great weekend, y'all!