Monday, July 11, 2011

It wasn't carbs. It was the statin drug causing stomach problems.

I have to post to clarify about my stomach problems. I finally put 2 and 2 together when I accidently missed a couple of doses of my statin drug and felt better. I have now gone about a week without it, and I'm feeling fine. It was just a coincidence about the carbs in my diet causing problems. I now need to tell my doctor I'm off the cholesterol med.

I tried a little while ago to control my cholesterol with diet and exercise, but it didn't work. The first statin spiked my blood sugar, and now this second statin caused all sorts of tummy problems. I really have to see about alternatives. Maybe fish oil would help. It certainly couldn't hurt.

Things are calming down a bit, and I'm feeling a bit less stressed out. I haven't smoked at all since I quit in March with the help of Chantix. I'm feeling great now, and I'm happy to say, "I'm a quitter."

I hope everyone has a fantastic smoke free week.