Saturday, July 30, 2011

Going to see Cowboys and Aliens today!

I have been looking forward to seeing this movie for a while now. I saw a promo for it months ago, and it sounded so silly and fun, I knew I had to see it. My brother and my daughter are going with me, and I'm sure we'll have a great time. Cowboys and Aliens...what a great title!

My Mom is all settled in at the assisted living facility and seems quite happy there. She's making friends and is not so isolated. I know she's getting help and care, so that's a big relief to me. Everything is falling into place and is lots less stressful now.

Wow! I really changed subjects, didn't I? I wonder what Freud would say about my first paragraph being about cowboys and aliens and the second paragraph being about my Mother. :) I just have some rather scattered thoughts sometimes. I guess that's OK. My feet stay mostly on the ground.

I am still not smoking, and I've pretty much stopped counting how long it's been since I quit. It's over 4 months, I know. I rarely even crave a smoke now, but when I do have a craving, it can get a bit intense. I just remind myself I'm not a smoker anymore, take some deep breaths, and the craving is gone very quickly.

I want to reiterate how grateful I am to have had the help of Chantix with quitting. It really performed a miracle for me. I had the drive and will power to stick with it and stay quit, and I'm sure that helped.

I think nothing will work if you don't have the right attitude and fortitude. If you are considering quitting smoking, I hope you'll remember that you have to want to be smober. Aids can help, but it's really will power that makes you stay quit.

Getting off my soapbox now, and I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!