Monday, August 15, 2011

Uneventful weekend with no smoking! Yay!

That's right! I'm boring! I didn't really do much of anything this past weekend. I saw my Aunt briefly on Saturday, and Sunday was a bra and makeup free day. I didn't go anywhere, but I did make myself a yummy lunch.

I have kicked the cigarette smoking habit, but now I'm hooked on popcorn and frozen grapes. The grapes are good for me, but the popcorn, not so much. I like more than the 100 calorie bags, and I like butter, so I guess I don't have to add 2 and 2 for anyone reading this. :)

My daughter got a job at Pet Smart and she's so happy. She wants to be a vet tech, so this is a good door that opened for her. She's also signed up for online classes at the community college, and I'm so proud of her.

I'll be busy tomorrow taking my Mom to the doctors. She's probably getting shoulder surgery. Her primary care doc has to sign off on that for her, so we're keeping our fingers crossed. We are hoping this will bring her relief, and from what we've heard from the ortho doc, this surgery will do the trick.

Even with all this "stuff" going on, I'm still smoke free. I am soooo thrilled to be able to say that. Cravings are few and far between, and I feel so free. It feels marvelous to take a really deep breath and not cough. Hell, it feels marvelous to simply be able to take a deep breath. I took the dog for a walk today around the neighborhood, then took him to Pet Smart, so we've had our exercise today. I may do a bit on the Wii tonight.

Thank you Phizer for making Chantix, I know there are horror stories out there about it, and everybody is different with reactions to drugs, but this med worked for me. Remember, you have to have the strong resolve to quit. The Chantix will dull the cravings. I hope everyone reading this will get or stay smober by whatever means works.

Stay happy and be kind!