Friday, June 10, 2011

Cholesterol and A1C are Ok, but triglycerides are high

The report from my doc is good, but my triglycerides have doubled since last time. Total cholesterol is good, HDL is a little low, and LDL is normal. I am pleased I got my cholesterol down, but I'm not happy with the triglyceride level. It's at about 300.

The nurse who called said I should try getting it down with diet and exercise. I gotta get back on the ball. I've been slacking on my diet and exercise. I have to promise myself I'll do better. When I quit smoking, the reward was so obvious. I felt better. I smelled better, and I didn't wake up coughing. Trying to get this number down has the only reward of getting the number down. Sure, I'll be eating better and feeling more fit, but there must be something more tangible? Any suggestions, contact me and let me know. I guess in a way, I'm a big baby wanting a reward, but I think that's OK sometimes. If all I get is the number down, then it is what it is.

Off to finish watching Ocean's 13. Hope everyone stays smober!