Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Went to doc yesterday for stomach pains and bloating. Gall bladder?

I was feeling really bad yesterday with stomach pain and really bad bloating. I was also running a fever a little over 100. I got an appointment to see my doctor at 4:15 yesterday, and my daughter drove me. After poking my stomach and hurting me, the doc said he suspected it was my gall bladder. I was lucky enough to get in a late ultrasound last night at the hospital. The problem is I still haven't heard a peep about what's wrong with me.

My Mom is furious and is threatening to call the doctor's office. Wow! Will she blow their hair back! I feel kind of sorry for them up there, but they know her. I'm pretty irritated at not hearing anything, and I've left 2 messages. I'm figuring no news is good news. If there was an emergency and I needed surgery, then I'm sure I would have heard something by now. I'm getting a bit freaked out, because after smoking for so many years, it could possibly be the big C. I can't imagine symptoms coming on so suddenly and strong to be indicative of cancer though. Can you tell I'm typing things that just pop into my head?

I am so glad I quit smoking, and so grateful I had the help of Chantix. Maybe after I've been quit 5 years, I won't be so freaked out by medical problems. I think after 10 years, I become like a non smoker. Boy, I hope so. Anyway, I'll post again with an update soon. Please send some good thoughts for me into the collective consciousness. We need more good thoughts there anyway. There are already too many bad.

Y'all stay happy and smober, ya hear?