Saturday, June 4, 2011

Wow! No smoking for almost 3 months. So glad I quit!

I can't believe I am almost at 3 months in my quit. I am so proud of myself for kicking my nicotine addiction. I am also getting back into the swing of exercising, so I feel good about that, too. I have already done a workout with my Wii this morning and burned 120 calories. I'll be burning more as the day goes on.

I plan on doing some housework today, and actually, I've already started with the laundry and making the bed. Not big things, but everyday activity that does burn a few calories. I plan on doing floors today, so that will really burn up some calories. I've been trying to eat a bit better because I don't like this weight gain. Yes, I admit it! I was being a slacker! No more, though. I am on the ball today. I am back on the good diet train.

I made myself a yogurt smoothie this morning. I used Dannon Fit and Trim vanilla yogurt. It's sugar free and fat free, so it's perfect for me, being diabetic. I threw in some strawberries, blueberries and half a banana, blended in the blender with a bit of ice to make it cold, and voila! I had myself a healthy and nutritious breakfast. It was delicious.

Here it is almost lunchtime now, and I plan on making some grilled chicken with spinach and rice. Simple and quick. I'll probably have some fruit, also. I was checking out the new government nutrition info yesterday. The MyPlate graphic is going to replace the food pyramid. I think it's too simplistic, and I can't believe 2 million dollars was spent in tax dollars to create it, but whatever. There is some good information on the website, but none for a diabetic diet. I'm disappointed in that because diabetes is so prevalent in the US.
Here's the graphic. What do you think?

 Photobucket

Off my soapbox now, and off to make some yummy lunch and do some housework. Gotta do the floors today. I hope everyone stays happy and smober this weekend!