Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I feel skinny again! Low carb was the way to go!

I can't believe the change that has happened to me simply by cutting carbs in my diet. I started yesterday with protein for breakfast and felt great all day. I felt better than I've felt in weeks. No bloating or pain...yay! Today, I had some cheddar cheese and a yummy juicy in season Chilton County peach. I feel mahvelous!

I have to give some credit to my doc. I think he was right about the Metformin, and it was causing me pain, but the big change happened yesterday morning and during the day. I can't believe something as simple as cutting carbs could work a miracle on me, but for all intents and purposes, I am healed! It's a miracle!

Today, I'm taking my friend to get a mammo. She's legally blind, so she can't drive. She also needs a knee replacement, but can't get the health insurance she needs to get it. We'll have lunch and probably do a little shopping. I need to get my Mom a new robe.

I saw my Mom yesterday. I took her lunch. Her shoulder is still hurting and she's still just taking it easy. The other day, a friend was over there doing some work at her house and noticed she was having trouble cutting a banana in half, so he did it for her. That's how bad her shoulder hurts. I did put an icy hot patch on it yesterday. Those seem to help, but she has so much calcification in her rotator cuff, she'll always have pain. Personally, I think she fell and is afraid to tell us.

She is starting to get forgetful with her meds also. She had quit using her pill caddy, so I got it all fixed up for her. Yesterday, all her meds for the day were in there, but she said she'd taken them. I honestly don't think she did, and I got onto her a little bit.

Today is a good day, because I'm feeling good and I'm a non smoker thanks to Chantix and good old fashioned will power. Hope everyone has a fabulous day!