Monday, June 20, 2011

Still not smoking thanks to Chantix!

I am so grateful to Pfizer and Chantix for helping me quit smoking. After smoking for 35 years, I don't think I could have done it without the help of Chantix. I have been having quite a bit of stress and illness, and even with those, I haven't smoked. I rarely even have the urge to smoke anymore, so it is very easy to envision myself a nonsmoker for the rest of my life. I also have to give some credit to myself for being strong willed about this and to my faith. I picked the first day of Lent, Ash Wednesday, as my quit date. In my heart, I knew if I smoked during Lent, I would be going against God, so I couldn't do that.

I've been posting about my illness quite frequently, and I don't want to veer away too long from the actual purpose of my blog. It is a Chantix blog and review after all. I am still struggling with my stomach, but I know my docs and I will get to the bottom of it and get it fixed. I'm just not feeling tip top, and I don't like that.

I just wanted to give some props to Chantix today. I had no ill effects from taking it, and it really worked for me. I know some people have had bad side effects and everyone is different, but remember, some of the side effects are caused by nicotine withdrawal and not Chantix. I think some people blame the wrong drug for bad things actually. It can be the nicotine instead of the Chantix. Just something to keep in mind. I have some links over on the right for some online stop smoking support groups. The folks on those are super nice and have heard it all. It really helps to have their help.

I hope my blog is helping you in your quit journey. Stay smober!