Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Made it through the weekend without smoking!

Here it is Tuesday morning, and I am proud to report I made it through the weekend without smoking. I am almost at the 2 month mark, and I am so pleased. I didn't exercise very much yesterday or Sunday, so I am ready to get back on that train. I guess it's OK to rest for a couple of days, and just watch movies or whatever.

Hubby cleaned and straightened in the garage, but did not clean the window in there. I told him I would do that today, and it is pretty gunked up with bugs and stuff. We saw a lovebug Sunday, and I am not looking forward to lovebug season at all. They get everywhere it seems. We just got over heavy pollen season, termite swarming is abating somewhat, and now we have the lovebugs coming. We'll get the extreme heat and drought conditions next, but I am not complaining, really. Happy as hell to be here!
My first attempt at embedding a picture in a post. Here's a lovebug.


OK, so cleaning that window is my big project today. I also need to clean the floors. My husband did yardwork, and of course, we all tracked stuff into the house. I think I may also give the dog a bath, and I have some dusting to do. I have a mirrored vanity tray on my dresser that has quite a bit of dust on it. The horizontal glass surfaces around the house are a great indicator of how dusty things are, so I try to keep them clean and dust free.

So, I have some fairly big projects today, and then some smaller day to day maintenance things to do. I also need to do some laundry, but not too much. Yay! I love having busy work to do as it keeps my mind off smoking. I still say the Chantix was a miracle for me and helped with cravings tremendously. I feel compelled to mention it in every post because it is in the title of my blog.

Staying happy and smober here in South Alabama. Yes, my Mom is being nice to me again. What a roller coaster that is! Oh well, I love her to pieces and will try to help her become happier with her life.
Peace, y'all!