Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Survived the long weekend without smoking! So happy!

I made it through the long weekend without smoking, and I'm feeling great! The only thing that's really bothering me is my right knee. I iced it with a bag of frozen corn yesterday for a while, and that helped the swelling. It's arthritic, and when I exercise too vigorously, it acts up. Still a bit sore, but it's mending. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Hubby and I didn't do too much this weekend. We met some friends for lunch yesterday and that was fun. I actually had a bushwhacker. It was so good. It had a 151 floater, so it was a bit strong. Good thing it was on the smallish side, or I would have been crazy! I wasn't driving, so it was OK to indulge a bit.

Today, I'm going to help my friend with some flowers I planted for her. She's disabled, lives with her father, and he is in a wheelchair. The flowers are doing fine, and they are both so happy about having them, but an armadillo is digging in the beds. I'm going over today with grub killer. I hope that does the trick. I've always heard, kill their food, and the armadillos will go away to dig in another yard. Seems like kind of a mean thing to do to your neighbors, but...

While I'm doing that, hubby will be at the dentist having 2 wisdom teeth pulled. Bless his heart. I don't envy him today. I wonder what I can get him to eat (or sip) later today. I offered to go with him to the dentist, but he said "No." He'll call me if he needs a ride.

He is so sweet to me. He shop vacced the back porch and cleaned the ceiling fans this weekend. He did yardwork also. He is a wonderful husband, and I am so blessed to have him. Now I'm getting verklempt.

 Hope everyone has a nice day today and stays smober or gets that way! :)