Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 7 on Chantix

Wow....I'm really seeing the effects of Chantix today. I did not smoke a whole pack of cigs yesterday, and today, my desire is waaaay down. I've only smoked a half pack all day.

I am not experiencing any depression, nausea or any other bad side effects from the Chantix. I make sure I take it after eating, and I drink plenty of water after taking it, and everything is hunky dory. I had some very vivid dreams last night. The Beatles were in it, and they were having some sort of shoot out with the police. I also dreamed about a house that had some beautiful inlaid wood on the walls. For some reason, that old song "Billy, Don't Be a Hero" has been running through my head all day. Is it in a commercial that's running on TV or something?

Tomorrow is day 7 for me on Chantix, and according to their schedule, it should be my quit date, but I started taking the Chantix a day early, so I'll be quitting on Wednesday, Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent.

Thanks for the comments and good wishes, and good luck to anyone who is trying or planning to quit smoking.