Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Just started Chantix

Hi, and thanks for stopping by my blog. I've never had one of these before, but found a lot of good info by reading other blogs about Chantix, so I thought I'd start my own.

First things first. Stats: I am a 48 year old happily married female. I am a type 2 diabetic and have high cholesterol. I am of average weight and height, and really only need to lose about 5 pounds. I work out with my Wii every day. Wii Fit Plus will definitely help you get in shape and lose weight, BTW. I am very diligent about tracking my calories since I was recently diagnosed with high cholesterol.

Today, I took my second Chantix, so I'm not seeing much change in my smoking habits. My quit date is Ash Wednesday. Yes, I'm Catholic, and I'm quitting for Lent. Hopefully, I will be able to stay quit past Easter. I really think the Chantix will help me.

Last night, I had very vivid dreams, probably from the sleep medication I take. I have always had those, though, so it didn't really bother me. There were people shot in my dreams, scorpions, and Michael Douglas was in there somehow, too. I kind of wonder why Charlie Sheen wasn't there since he's been in the news so much lately. ;)

I am signed up with the GetQuit program online, and I'm hoping that can help me accomplish this goal of quitting my habit of over 30 years. Cigarettes are my last vice, and damnit, I can kick them! Hubby has told me he is not quitting, so I will become a tolerant non-smoker. We smoke outside anyway, and never in the house. That's it for now, but I will be posting frequently to update you on my experiences with Chantix.