Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wow! 3 weeks smoke free with Chantix!

Today is day 22 for me to be smoke free. I have had some fairly strong cravings the last couple of days, but they were manageable. I can't imagine how bad they'd be if I wasn't using the Chantix. My head is all stopped up today, but that may be in part due to all the pollen in the air. It's raining pretty good today, so maybe it will settle down.

The worst thing going on right now is my insomnia. I'm talking 3 or 4 AM getting to sleep, and that's with prescription sleep aids. It's crazy. I am just wide awake at night for some reason. I'm not having any trouble functioning during the day, so I guess it's OK. I have the double whammy of menopausal insomnia and nicotine free insomnia. I have read that giving up nicotine can give you insomnia. Ugh.

I guess if insomnia is the worst thing right now, I can deal with that. I know it will go away. I went through a phase a couple of years ago when I would wake up at 3 or 4 AM and be wide awake. That passed, so this will pass, I'm sure.

I went to the mall on Monday with a friend. There is an indoor mall in Mobile, and it was so fun to just kick around with a girlfriend at the mall. She got a smoky eye mini makeover, and I bought some headphones and hip Vera Wang Princess roller ball perfume. We felt like teenagers again!

Tomorrow, I get to take my Mom to the accountant's office to drop off tax return papers. I'm taking our papers, too. I'm praying it won't be too stressful, but my Mom just hates paying taxes. Just...hates...it! Lucky me, I get to hear about it. Oh well, at least I'm prepared.

Y'all take care and stay put with your quit. However you are doing it, stick with it. You are doing the ultimate good thing for yourself and loved ones.


Chantix blog, Chantix review, Quit smoking blog