Sunday, March 6, 2011

I am starting to see a difference with Chantix on day 6

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, but there was really no change in my smoking habits. I did do more Wii exercising than usual, but part of that was trying to work off some of a Chinese buffet lunch. This morning is day 6, and I am starting to feel less desire to smoke. My cigs still taste a bit stale. No weird dreams or any side effects of concern.

I am checking in with the Chantix GetQuit site, and it does offer some great tips. I enjoy checking it out every day, and have printed out my reasons for quitting and strategies for quitting smoking. I taped up my reasons for quitting list on my computer desk, so it is very visible to give me motivation. I am keeping the strategies list close by.I know this is not going to be easy for me, but I am determined to stop smoking.

I actually started taking Chantix a day early so according to Chantix, my quit date should be Tuesday, but I set it to start on Wednesday when Lent begins. Who would quit on Mardi Gras day? It's Fat Tuesday and all about living life with indulgences, duh. OK, I am not really that into Mardi Gras, but it is going on down here. I live near Mobile. BTW, Happy Joe Cain day, y'all!

Thanks for the comments on my blog. I hope I can inspire or help someone who is thinking about quitting smoking. The first step is to set a quit date and be firm and resolved about that date.