Saturday, March 12, 2011

Today is day 4 of my life smoke free!

Today marks day 4 being smoke free, and it has been fairly easy. I have wondered how bad it would be without the Chantix, and I think it is helping with the cravings. I find myself taking deep breaths when I have cravings. That really helps. I am also cleaning, redecorating and eating to deal with cravings. I am having no bad side effects from Chantix.

I do seem to have the munchies pretty bad, but I'm still exercising using the Wii and walking a lot. I also bought some patio furniture so I got some exercise moving it onto the back porch. My back is hurting a bit, but I didn't tell my Mom, because I'd get a big fat "I told you so." :)_  I now have a living room on my screened porch. It's just fabulous to sit out there and read the paper in the morning.

I am getting my daily phone calls from Chantix. You can opt out of that, but I am doing everything the program offers and more. It's an automated call, and they ask if you've smoked. I have always answered no and get a thankyou. I guess if I answered in the affirmative, I'd get transferred to a counselor. I haven't called their counselor/coach line, but it's nice to know there is a number I can call to talk to a real person if need be.

I joined QuitSmokingMessageBoard.com, and it's so great to be able to vent and read the vents of other people. The folks are very nice there.

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope my experience is helping you to quit or stay quit. I'll keep you posted as my quit continues.