Tuesday, March 15, 2011

One week or 7 days of no smoking!

I am so happy I've made it to the one week mark and not caved even once. Today, my cravings were very minimal, and I had no problem working through them. I did not feel speedy today like I did yesterday. I felt perfectly normal. I did have a bit of a health scare today, though.

I went to the drug store today, and while I was there, I decided to check my blood pressure at the machine they have. My blood pressure was normal but on the low side. My heart rate, however, was definitely low at 56. I called the doctor almost immediately, and went this afternoon.

I told him it was day 7 for me for not smoking, and he grinned, said he was proud of me, and mentioned he never thought he'd see this day. I agreed. Anyway, he said my heart rate is low because of exercise and quitting smoking. Keeping tight control on my blood sugar is helping, also. Apparently, my heart doesn't have to work as hard to pump my blood, so my resting heart rate is lower as is my blood pressure. He assured me it wasn't any of my meds or the Chantix. I asked about Chantix in particular, so I was relieved that I could still take it. He said all the positive things I'm doing are really helping my body and said my lungs sounded fine. So my health scare was a false alarm. Yay!

On a negative note at the doctor's office, I told him I'd had to slow down on my exercising because my knee is a bit swollen and hurting. He had the nerve to say I'm getting old. HMPF!

Thanks to all who have read my little chronicle here. I'll keep updating. Also, I am so happy to have a follower now. So cool. I hope I can inspire someone else to quit smoking or continue their quit.