Sunday, April 17, 2011

Enjoying another smoke free Sunday!

Just like the title says, I have been enjoying the day. I walked 6 miles on the Wii Walk It Out, and then went to the mall with my daughter. I put any calories back on at the Marble Slab ice cream place, but I guess I could afford to splurge after burning those calories. It's a push.

Anyway, we wound up going to Petsmart where they were holding a pet adoption event. I wanted to take home all the dogs, but I resisted. :) My daughter saw a pretty conure she was ready to buy then and there. It took me a little convincing to talk her out of making a rash pet buying decision. The bird was $350.00 and a cage would be another $80.00. Even though she has the money in savings, I, along with a sales rep, convinced her to wait. She needs her own apartment and a job before she can get a pet, doncha think?

OK, so pet buying crisis averted today, no smoking, and did some exercise. I'm doing pretty well today, and I feel great! My tummy is healing, and it's not gurgling, so that's all good. I do have a supply of Beano in my purse just in case.

I still have insomnia, but I take some nighty night pills to get to sleep. I take too many really, but it's the only thing that works for me. I guess I'm weird or something. I told my doc what I was doing, but he said it's OK, and I'm not OD'ing, so thank goodness. He offered to give me something stronger, but then we got off the subject and we both forgot. I'll be seeing him again in June for a cholesterol check, so we'll see how I am then.

I am still not taking the Chantix, and cravings are few and far between. I am very grateful to have had it early in my quit to help with cravings. It's also nice to have some on hand if I start having cravings again. I really can't even imagine smoking at this point in my quit. I definitely don't miss all the deep coughing and trying to mask the smell. I don't want to go backwards, that's for sure.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous smoke free weekend!