Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Went to doctor today

Wow! I slept until almost 10 this morning. Yesterday, I had a nice day with a friend of mine. You know, a girl day, lunch and a little bit of shopping. Ironically enough, we were looking at heart rate monitors and pedometers in Walmart when I doubled over in pain. I had a sudden sharp pain in my lower left side. It went away fairly quickly, but I still had pain if I moved a certain way or pressed there. This morning, the pain was still there, so I went to the doctor. He confirmed my suspicion of diverticulitis. I've had it before, so I knew that just had to be it. The Chantix is NOT to blame for my tummy problems. It's my own body and diet and movement and what have you.

He wound up giving me antibiotics and congratulated me on staying quit. I told him I was off the Chantix, and doing fine with cravings. I honestly have very few, and when I have one, it's very weak. I have been having shortness of breath, but that is just my lungs healing and getting rid of tar buildup apparently. I'm yawning a lot to get that feeling of a deep breath. I really can't imagine trying to smoke a cigarette with this shortness of breath feeling.

Being around my smoking hubby or anyone who smokes doesn't really bother me. My Dad smoked, and strangely enough when I hug my smoky smelling husband, it's comforting. He smells like my Dad always smelled when I was growing up. I am so blessed and grateful to have a wonderful sweet husband, and I wouldn't trade him for anything.

Staying smober and happy! Hope you are doing the same!