Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Wow! I'm up with the chickens today!

I actually went to bed at a decent hour, and now I'm back to my early riser routine. It will be interesting to see how long this lasts. Sorry I haven't posted for a couple of days.

Saturday was a housework day, and Sunday was church and manual labor day. Hubby and I went to church and then to Longhorn for lunch. I had some delicious tilapia with shrimp and lobster. Then, we went to Lowes, bought some plants and came home to work in the yard. I have a pretty nasty blister on the right hand from the shovel, but the yard looks so much better now, and I'm happy with it.

Later in the night and for about half the night, I had to go to the bathroom several times. I am being delicate here, but it was not pretty or pleasant. My stomach finally calmed down, and I went to bed.

Yesterday, Monday, I was more careful to eat less fatty food. No cream sauces. My sugar was quite high from breakfast, but I had a non fat strawberry Greek yogurt, a banana, and a bowl of Life cereal. All three of those are sweet. For lunch, I had some soothing chicken and dumplings, field peas, and yellow squash and onion casserole. My stomach gurgled a bit, but I didn't do any exercise until late afternoon. I did a little yoga and some Walk It Out on the Wii. Stomach gurgled, but no trotting to the bathroom. Yay!

I have not been on the Chantix for a few days, and I'm not having cravings. Hubby smokes, but it's not bothering me or wanting to make me smoke. I told y'all I was determined to stay quit, and by golly, I intend to do just that.

Now I have to figure out the whole diabetes food exercise gas diarrhea thing, and work on that. Sometimes, I'm scared to eat because I'm afraid of having embarrassing gas. Lucky we were outside doing yardwork and working in different parts of the yard Sunday. I know hubby was very happy about that. LOL

I bought some beano, and that seems to help, but I need to work more on the food and exercise ratio. If I can't figure it out, I'll have to go see the doc about it.
Chantix helped me tremendously with cravings at the start of my quit, and over a month later, I am doing fine. I am practicing the art of
N.O.P.E.- Not One Puff Ever.

One puff would lead me back to smoking, so Nope! Peace Y'all!