Saturday, April 16, 2011

It's a beautiful smoke free Saturday!

Today is gorgeous. We were under all sorts of warnings and watches last night here in south Alabama, but we did not get a drop of rain. Well, no rain at my house anyway. We want some rain here because we just transplanted old things and planted new things.

I will be enjoying another smoke free day courtesy of will power and Chantix. I love to just breathe deeply when I'm walking the dog, and all the blooming plants perfume the air beautifully. I just feel so blessed to be alive and kicking, despite owing taxes this year. I was so looking forward to a refund, but we owe this year.

Now how in the heck did I get from walking in the perfumed air to taxes? I guess these are just some rambling thoughts running through my mind. I only had one cup of coffee, so I guess my thoughts are a bit disorganized this morning.

Next little jog in the path...my shortness of breath is better. I was feeling like I couldn't get a deep breath, but now I'm only feeling like that every once in a while. I'm glad that feeling is going away.

My diverticulitis is on the mend thanks to some very strong antibiotics, so I should be able to do a bit more intense exercise today. I have just been walking slowly for the most part, so it will be nice to step up the pace a bit and do some stretching or yoga. By next week, I should be able to push myself harder. Lord knows, I need to eat less and move around more.

Enough of all this posting for now. I'm off to enjoy the day! I hope you do the same and stay smoke free! Peace, y'all!