Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Took Chantix Mar 2nd to Apr 6th. Cravings getting stronger.

I started taking Chantix to quit smoking on March 2nd. It really helped me handle cravings. I started having some tummy problems, and thought it might have been the Chantix, so I stopped taking it on April 6th. It was not the Chantix causing my stomach problems, BTW.

I have noticed over the past couple of days, my cravings are getting a bit stronger, so I am debating on whether to start the Chantix again or not. I had no ill effects using it. I suspect it is starting to leave my system and that's why the cravings are getting a bit stronger. So far, I can handle them just fine.

I'm sort of talking out loud here so please bear with my random stream of thoughts. :) If I start taking it again, I'm sure the cravings will all but disappear, but maybe I should tough it out without it. My quit has been relatively pain free and easy peasy because of the Chantix, but I can't be on it forever. I think I'll stay off it for this week, but if the cravings kick in really strong, I'm going back on it.

That little nicodemon on my shoulder has been whispering in my ear, and I've had to shoo him away more frequently. He's a sly one, but I will not let him talk me into smoking. I will exercise more now that my tummy is better. Maybe that will help keep him at bay. I'm going to continue on without Chantix as long as I can in the hopes that I won't need it ever again. That IS the ideal, right?

Hope everyone stayed smoke free on tax day yesterday! That was kind of a tough day.